RWPS offers learning support in reading and numeracy.
Multilit Programs are grounded in scientific evidence-based best practice.
The programs are:
- MiniLit - designed for Years 1-2 but also used for older students
- MacqLit - designed for Years 3 and older
Both programs offer
- Intensive reading instruction for struggling readers
- Delivered to small groups or individual students
- Carefully sequenced lessons delivered by explicit instruction
- Frequent monitoring to ensure mastery of reading skills
- Covering all key elements of reading instruction:
Our Number support program offers:
- Delivered to groups of between 4 and 6 students from Year 2 to Year 6
- the role of automaticity and number knowledge/understanding
- developing and building students’ number understanding and quick recall of basic number facts.
- areas of need as determined by assessment
Evidence-based program with the main aim being for students to develop automaticity.
Quicksmart is delivered to pairs of students in Year 6 using explicit strategy instruction and focuses on:
- Understanding and recall of basic number facts
- Performance of elementary calculations
- Acquisition of appropriate mathematics language
- Problem-solving skills